Respite Care is available to support an individual’s ability to live longer in the community by ensuring family/other caregivers are supported. Your loved one with dementia or other care needs may also benefit from the break. It could provide the opportunity for social interactions, stimulating activities and therapies, remain involved and active, and benefit from new friendships and companionship in care.
All Mowlam Healthcare homes offer respite care service – available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week – based on the need for temporary relief and the availability of facility resources.
Minimum stay: One Week
A multidisciplinary team, consisting of Mowlam Healthcare Professionals, the attending physician and home staff, provide:
- assessment and referral services
- nursing care
- resident and caregiver support
- self-care, health promotion, and prevention of illness or injury
- recreation and socialisation opportunities
- nutrition, laundry and housekeeping services
- as well as medical services in collaboration with a family physician
For information and advice please call 1800 203 213