- caring and kind
- cheerful and friendly
- willing to be hands-on with residents
- willing to do personal care tasks
- able to follow instructions and procedures
- able to work in a team but use your own initiative
Healthcare assistants are often the first point of contact for a resident, so you’ll need to be friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills. You’ll need to be able to put residents at their ease, helping them with their personal care while making sure they feel comfortable and fully supported.
You’ll also need
- communication skills, including listening
- organisation skills
- observational skills
FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare (completed or in process of completing) is required to work as a Healthcare Assistant with our group. Experience working in a healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards) is preferable.
Some key benefits to working with Mowlam Healthcare
- Sunday premium rates
- Paid breaks
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid training
- Covered/Subsidised meals
Where the role can lead?
You will be encouraged to take ongoing training and increase your knowledge and skills. With experience and training you could progress to Senior Carer, supervising the work of other Healthcare Assistants. Those with ambitions to go further and qualify as a nurse are also supported and encouraged.